Glad to announce next overnight programme of Season at Neral on 28th January 2017
The program starts at 7.00 pm (IST) in the evening and runs up to 4.30 am (IST) next morning. The general outline of the programme is as follows:
Date: Saturday 28th January 2017
Language of Instructions: ENGLISH
VENUE: Saguna Baag Farm House, Neral
For Booking: http://www.meraevents.com/event/khagol-mandal-sky-show-on-28-january-2017
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/KhagolM
More details: Send email : firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY by Pre-Booking ONLY. No SPOT ENTRY !
1900 to 1930 hours: Registration for the programme
1930 to 1945 hours: Introduction of Telescopes
1945 to 2030 hours: First Sky Session
2030 to 2200 hours: Observations through Telescope
2200 to 2300 hours: Dinner Break
2300 to 0100 hours: Interactive Session
0100 to 0130 hours: Tea Break
0130 to 0230 hours: Second Sky Session
0230 to 0430 hours: Observations through Telescope
These timings are tentative and may vary slightly depending on seasons and sky condition.
Rs. 400 /- per person for all participants.
Rs. 350 /- per student for all students from 8 ys to 16 yrs
Entry Free for all kids up to age 8 yrs.
Optional Dinner Charges: Rs. 200/- per person
Tea given during the programme is complimentary.
The charges are non-refundable, even if the programme does not take place, because of incidental heavy rains or for any other reason beyond our control.
The entry to the program is STRICTLY by PRE-BOOKING.
You should carry your dinner tiffin, mattress / chatai for seating on open ground, sweaters, hand gloves, head scarf / muffler, Water bottle and your personal Medicine. Carying repellant like Odomas is recommended.
Please note that we are not able to provide any of the above things at the site.
Where to meet ?
Meeting point is Nirman Park Society Gate on platform no. 1 at Neral station. Pick up from Neral station is arranged for the train timing mentioned and is free of cost. All those who join late or wish to live early will have to arrange travel from Neral to site on their own.
Mini Buses from Saguna Baug will pick up participants reaching by 1804 and 1858 train.Drop back will be after the program ends in the morning.
Location and How to reach:
Saguna Baag Farm House, Neral (W)
The 4.30 pm train on Karjat route from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) will take you to Neral at about 6.04 pm. This is a station next to Selu Station. Towards Platform 2 side is Matheran mountain range while on Platform 1 side is the farm house direction.
CST- Karjat: 1630 (Dep) : 1804 (Arr)
Thane-Karjat: 1750 (Dep) : 1858 (Arr)
All trains going to Karjat and Khopoli stop at Neral.
Terms & Conditions
1) Smoking or drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any defaulter will be escorted out of the field and will be prohibited from joining the program. No refunds in case you are prohibited from the program.
2) This is an educational initiative and not a luxury trip. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behavior towards fellow participants will be tolerated.
3) Program coupons can be cancelled online. For cancellations, please send email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Rs. 100/- per person cancellation charges will be deducted if the program coupons are cancelled till 5:00 pm on 22 December 2016 (Thursday).
5) 50% charges will be deducted if booking is cancelled on or before 23 December (Friday) till 5:00 pm.
6) No refunds for program coupons after the 05:00 pm on Friday, 23 December 2016.
7) Rs. 100/- per person cancellation charge will be deducted for Dinner Coupons if cancellation is done on or before 23 December (Friday) till 5:00 pm.
8) No refunds on Dinner Coupons after the 05:00 pm on Friday, 23 December 2016.
9) Final decision of cancellation charges will rest with the organizer.
9) If due to any unforeseen circumstances like train strike, rain, clouds etc., any other natural disaster, political situation, strike or any such other case the program can be curtailed or cancelled. In such event no refunds will be provided.
10) Rain, cloud cover is beyond control of organizer and in such cases one has to wait till the clouds clear.
11) Organizers are not responsible for medical issues arising to individuals on field. The field is open field and we take care to provide comfortable atmosphere. All are requested to carry personal medicines and follow instructions related to cold and dewing on the site.
12) Khagol Mandal is a voluntary organization working for past 30 yrs. The aim of this group is to create awareness amongst our society members. All organizers, speakers, telescope volunteers are amateur astronomers sparing their time voluntary for the social cause. All participants are requested to take the efforts in proper spirit and co-operate. We cannot run a smooth show unless every participant supports us.