Leonid Special Show at NashikOn November 3, 2018 by Abhay Deshpande
Khagol Mandal, Nashik is glad to announce 1st Sky Show post Monsoon at Chaitanya Farm House, Nasik on 17th November 2018!
The season has begun and is a grand opportunity for Nashikates to enjoy the most famous “Leonid Meteor Shower” along with overnight sky gazing! The event is very famous worldwide and hundreds of observers visit us to see the annual fireworks from the space!
Leonid Meteor Shower is caused by debris left over of Comet Temple Tuttle, this meteor shower peaks on 17th November midnight and can show up to 40 meteors per hour this year.
The program starts at 7.00 pm (IST) in the evening and runs up to 5.00 am (IST) next morning. The general outline of the program is as follows:
Date: Saturday 17th November 2018
Language of Instructions: Primary language will be Marathi and the terminology can be explained in English if required.
VENUE: Chaitanya Agro Farm, Besides York Wines, Sula Wine Road, Gangawarhe, Gangapur – Savargaon Road, Nashik, Maharashtra 422 222
Khagol Mandal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/khagolmandalnashik/
More details & bookings:
Send email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 9284372322 / 8888824600
1800 to 1845 hours: Registration
1845 to 1900 hours: Introduction and instructions
1900 to 1945 hours: Sky gazing – concepts
1945 to 2100 hours: First Sky Session
2100 to 2230 hours: Observations through Telescope and dinner
2230 to 2330 hours: Slide Show and Interactive Session
2330 to 2430 hours: Second Sky session
2430 to 0130 hours: Observations through Telescope and Tea Break
0130 to 0230 hours: Slide Show
0230 to 0430 hours: Third Sky session along with Leonid Meteor shower
0430 to 0500 hours: Observations through Telescope
These timings are tentative and may vary slightly depending on seasons and sky condition.
Charges: Rs. 350 /- per person for all participants, and free for all kids up to age 8 yrs.
Tea given during the programme is complimentary.
The charges are non-refundable, even if the programme does not take place, because of incidental heavy rains or for any other reason beyond our control. We prefer pre-booking, there are limited seats, only 150!
You should carry your dinner tiffin, mattress /chatai for seating on open ground, sweaters, and hand gloves, head scarf / muffler, Water bottle and your personal Medicine. Carrying repellent like Odomos is recommended.
Please note that we are not able to provide any of the above things at the site.
Location and How to reach:
Chaitanya Agro Farm: This is just ahead Sula Wines. On Gangapur Road, there is board of Sula Wines at left turn where Gangapur Gaon just ends. Take left turn, come to Sula Wines and go straight ahead till you see a board of Chaitanya Farm on right side. There would be Khagol Mandal Banner. Take that right turn and come straight till you reach the gate of Chaitanya Farm, which is on left side. Again Khagol Mandal Banner would be there.
Terms & Conditions
1) Smoking or drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any defaulter will be escorted out of the field and will be prohibited from joining the program. No refunds in case you are prohibited from the program.
2) This is an educational initiative and not a luxury trip. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behaviour towards fellow participants will be tolerated.
3) Rs. 75/- per person cancellation charges will be deducted if the program coupons are cancelled till 5:00 pm on 14th November 2018 (Wednesday).
4) 50% charges will be deducted if booking is cancelled on or before 15th November 2018 (Friday) till 5:00 pm.
5) No refunds for program coupons after the 05:00 pm on Friday, 15th November 2018
6) Final decision of cancellation charges will rest with the organizer.
7) If due to any unforeseen circumstances like rain, clouds etc., any other natural disaster, political situation, strike or any such other case the program can be curtailed or cancelled. In such event no refunds will be provided.
8) Rain, cloud cover is beyond control of organizer and in such cases one has to wait till the clouds clear.
9) Organizers are not responsible for medical issues arising to individuals on field. The field is open field and we take care to provide comfortable atmosphere. All are requested to carry personal medicines and follow instructions related to cold and dewing on the site.
10) Khagol Mandal is a voluntary organization working for past 32 years in Mumbai and Nashik. The aim of this group is to create awareness among our society members. All organizers, speakers, telescope volunteers are amateur astronomers sparing their time voluntary for the social cause. All participants are requested to take the efforts in proper spirit and co-operate. We cannot run a smooth show unless every participant supports us.